In-person trainings are back at the William W. Winpisinger Center (W3) in Maryland this year!
Spaces are limited for each class due to the Covid-19 space restrictions, so if you are interested please register early. Do ensure that you have permission from your supervisor to attend before registering.
Transportation to and from W3 is booked by travel agents contracted by IAM/W3. When you sign up, the information provided (i.e., name) will be used when purchasing plane tickets and needs to match your State ID or Passport. We do request that Locals cover any costs on the home front, such as airport parking or hotel rooms needed before/after the session so stewards can travel safely to and from the airport.
Intermediate Steward Training: October 16 – 21, 2022
Registration deadline - August 25, 2022.
This training is intended for stewards that have been through the Basic Steward Training and would like to further grow skills in:
- Differentiating and deciding proper forums for issue or case resolution.
- Developing and researching your cases.
- Navigating the Negotiation Process (Article 11).
- Managing and supporting your Local.
- Protecting the contract.
Registration:Departmental Registration Form - Restricted
- Second Session: December 4-9, 2022 – Registration deadline: October 7, 2022
The program will provide training in areas specific to the Federal Sector such as collective bargaining, the Hatch Act & legislative action, Prohibited Personnel Practices, ULP and grievance handling, arbitration and an overview of the FLRA. This program will be helpful to stewards, officers, and business representatives that service members in the Federal Sector.
- Registration: Please contact your Local President if interested in attending.